Mechanical or Electrical Craft Apprenticeship
At the NNL we have two exciting opportunities for both a Mechanical and Electrical Apprentice to join at our Preston facility.
Discover our Electrical Craft Apprenticeship
Craft Electricians maintain and repair a diverse range of electrical equipment that is essential to the safety and efficiency of all areas of our sites. Highly skilled with a logical and methodical approach to their work, electricians work with electrical equipment and supplies on a wide range of engineering machinery and equipment.
Further information about the Craft Electrical apprenticeship can be found at: http://joinprojectdiscovery.co.uk/electrician.html
Discover our Mechanical Craft Apprenticeship
Our Craft Mechanics specialise in the maintenance, and occasional manufacture, of all mechanical equipment to ensure optimum and consistent performance levels. Mechanical craftspeople are highly skilled and can work in a wide variety of industries and sectors with complex plant and equipment.
Further information about the Craft Mechanical apprenticeship can be found at: http://joinprojectdiscovery.co.uk/craft.html
Discover the Electrical Apprenticeship role:
Perfect colour vision is essential for the intricate work involved, including:
• Controlling and maintaining instrumentation equipment
• Measuring and regulating process variables accurately, such as the flow rate of liquids or gasses, temperature or pressure
• Installing a range of electrical projects from domestic home circuits to sophisticated, highly complex machinery and equipment in major processing plants and factories
• Maintaining and testing electrical and instrumentation equipment, systems and appliances
• Diagnosing and fault finding problems with electrical equipment
Discover the Mechanical Apprenticeship role:
- Manufacturing components
- Assembling and installing machinery
- Continuing maintenance of equipment
- Working with precision and accuracy
- Approaching work logically and with a thorough attention to detail
- Interpreting drawings and diagrams
- Diagnosing and fault-finding problems with machinery and equipment
- Co-operating with colleagues to ensure work is carried out to a high standard
The Ideal Candidate
Discover what we want from you:
You’ll already have a good academic background when you apply for an apprenticeship with us. You should have attained or be on track to achieving 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths & English. But that’s not all you’ll need.
We’re looking for people who can be part of our future. People who want to succeed and have the commitment and motivation to get there. People who ask questions and demand answers, who’ll be open to learning and work hard.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic achievers who’ll want to be part of our mission to grow the nuclear industry. Applicants must be 16 or over.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.