Mechanical Technical Support Officer
To control and supervise delivery of mechanical maintenance and project activities within the NNL facilities at Sellafield.
- Be responsible for safe management and delivery of work.
- Co-ordinate all resources and materials to complete work on time, quality and cost
- Carry out pre task briefs
- Produce safe system of work documentation in support of operations within site.
- Control tasks to safe completion
- Carry out minor projects in support of plant operations
- Continually review in use maintenance documentation to assess its suitability
- Implement and contribute to safety initiatives
- Effectively plan for their team in accordance with work management principles to ensure performance measures are continually improved upon
- Will promote and improve engineering standards within their teams
- Will promote and improve standards of housekeeping within their areas of responsibility
- Will train and develop their team in line with business drivers
- To report and investigate events and anomalies, including preparation of initial investigation reports
- To comply with all legislative, regulatory, policy and security standards appropriate to the role
The Ideal Candidate
- HND/HNC in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS word and Excel
- Time served with mechanical qualification and proven experience in maintaining mechanical systems
- Can demonstrate being self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Ability to produce work packs to standards of safety, quality and time
- Appointed Mechanical Task Supervisor or ability to achieve appointed status
- Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Can provide evidence of meeting deadlines
- Has a good knowledge of safety and quality systems
- Will need to work outside normal working hours on occasion
- Familiar with site engineering standards, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of substitution arrangements for safety systems
- Resilience and the ability to overcome obstacles and to seek solutions
- An ability to adapt to change
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory