Market Analyst (Future Business)
The post holder will be responsible for conducting comprehensive analysis of the national and international nuclear and related markets. Ultimately, they will identify and recommend strategic opportunities for growth, basing strategy proposals on thorough analysis of markets, trends, competitors, strategies and associated industry developments.
They will be expected to apply this robust analysis to both support and develop business cases used to inform investment in new markets, technologies, products and services (including new ways of doing business). This is essential to secure NNL growth, and ensure it has the appropriate tools and expertise in place to meet the needs of existing and future markets.
This is a stretching and influential role at the heart of NNL’s strategic centre, with the post holder having a direct impact on the development and implementation of NNL’s future growth strategy. It will therefore be essential to adopt an integrated approach to understanding and meeting the needs of NNL as both a commercial business and national laboratory, with the post holder expected to work collaboratively. This includes working closely with the VP Innovation, Science Ambassador, and Customer function in order to assess market potential and inform their respective programmes and strategies.
With the Global Insight function and market analysis capability within NNL in its infancy, the post holder will bring considerable experience of the tools and techniques required to conduct analysis of commercial markets.
- Evaluate, review and analyse existing and emerging nuclear and related markets worldwide to provide insight for the shaping of NNL’s strategic development
- Support strategic investment priorities based on comprehensive market analysis and understanding of NNL offering
- Interpret analysis, assess options, and recommend priorities for investment in new business areas
- Recommend priority corporate development opportunities and work with the Senior Strategic Advisor and VP Global Insight to secure endorsement from Executive/Board
- Assess the value and impact of strategic investments and initiatives against their projected value
- Ensure that NNL’s IR&D, facilities/equipment and technical skills programmes appropriately reflect priority commercial markets and areas of big science and technology that are emerging worldwide in conjunction with the Technical Analyst
- Support and inform the development of the S&T strategy in conjunction with the Technical Analyst
- Contribute fully to the effective sharing of intelligence and information with other boundaries
The Ideal Candidate
Will have :-
- Experience of national and international market & trend analysis, including competitor analysis, and development and application of appropriate toolkits
- Experience opening-up markets utilising a range different business models & approaches
- Experience of extracting, analysing and interpreting market information from a range of external and internal sources, and using this to inform business planning
- Experience of challenges associated with national and international market entry
- Deep business understanding and strong financial acumen
- Understanding of nuclear and associated markets is a bonus
- Understanding of the role of innovation to support commercial growth
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.