Management Information Analyst
To inform strategic Delivery Operations (DO) discussions / operational reviews by the provision of key metrics and analysis; regular management information reports to allow the performance of the DO business and component ‘functional parts’ to be measured and monitored against agreed business plan targets and KPIs.
As the MI Analyst you will assist with the development and delivery of key operational reporting, maintenance of reporting platforms, creation of accurate and timely MI solutions for the business, automate any current manually produced reporting and supply adhoc reports to key stakeholders.
- The collation and dissemination of business performance information from across the organisation and assisting in the production of regular performance reports for DO senior management reviews.
- Development, delivery and maintenance of key operational reporting, maintenance of reporting platforms, creation of accurate and timely MI solutions for the business.
- Coordinate the pulling together of information from all areas of Delivery Operations in relation to performance against business plan targets and KPIs.
- Analyse data collected in order to help inform business decisions, project development and product improvement.
- Support the PMA Support Office Lead in the production of regular management reports summarising business performance.
- As part of the PMA Support Office function, provide support to internal teams to understand their reporting needs, identify solutions and lead on improving teams’ reporting capabilities.
- Communicate best practice guidelines for data requests to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate the communication of relevant information and insight to all relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- To communicate ideas for the development and further streamlining of processes and procedures in relation to the remit of the PMA Support Office function
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in a similar role.
- Working to deadlines and managing multiple tasks
- Understanding and application of statistical and business trend analysis.
- Database/CRM system, Microsoft CRM Dynamics (desirable)
- Microsoft packages – Word, and strong technical skills in Excel.
- Analysing data in relational databases through SQL or similar query tools and confidence writing complex SQL queries that can interrogate, reconcile and validate data from multiple sources.
Skills and Behaviours
- Detailed and working knowledge of SQL, Microsoft Access and advanced Excel.
- Knowledge and experience of index's, stored procedures and triggers and of creating and using relational databases.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Natural intellectual curiosity, creative in analytical approach with a good instinct for business
- Capable of working without supervision, to provide insight and help to develop the reporting capabilities of the business.
- Numerate, logical, organised, flexible and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Drive, determination, confidence, enthusiasm and a willingness to propose alternatives to established approaches.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Customer centricity – strong customer focus both internal and external.
- Confident ability to interpret findings and present insights to internal audiences.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong team working, able to work with various internal teams to achieve objectives.
- Commitment to continuous improvement; willing to proactively make suggestions on potential developments.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.