HR Support Team Leader
Our HR team is key to enabling delivery of our ambitious people strategy. We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic team leader to lead our busy team of HR Associates in Warrington. We are passionate about great service and are looking for a team leader who shares both our values and commitment to drive continuous improvement.
- Motivating, leading, coaching and developing a team of HR Associates
- Providing transactional support for all activities relating to the employee journey to include processes such recruitment, on-boarding, employee life cycle, pay and benefits, reward and recognition, leave, absence management, health and wellbeing, and learning and development
- First line HR advisor on process matters, providing guidance to all employees. Managing enquiries through all available channels, escalating matters to HR Business Partners and Head of HR Operations as appropriate
- Validating and maintaining records, data and information in Company systems in line with service level standards, internal processes and employment/data protection legislation
- Actively identifying ideas for continuous improvement of services including customer satisfaction, use of technology and effectiveness to add value to the business and employee journey
- Providing a customer focused, efficient & effective transactional & advisory service
- Developing and maintaining professional and proactive relationships with key stakeholders to support the delivery of service excellence
- Ensuring HR Support Team compliance with risk management, governance and assurance processes in HR. Contributing to the development of HR governance structures
The Ideal Candidate
The HR Support Team Leader is a key role in providing leadership, coaching and direction to the team of HR Associates. This is very much a ‘hands on’ role providing transactional service delivery whilst leading the HR Support team.
You will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead and inspire others in a fast paced HR environment. You will have excellent administration skills and ability to work to demanding deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communication skills when engaging with stakeholders. You will enjoy problem solving and looking for solutions. You will be proficient in the use of HR systems and Microsoft Office.
In all of our roles, we look for candidates to demonstrate a positive attitude to health, safety and security, and to demonstrate that you share our values:
Safety – in everything we do;
Customer –delivering value, sharing success;
Integrity – doing the right things right;
Taking responsibility – solving the problem, owning the solution;
Enthusiasm – enjoying what we do, inspiring others;
Collaboration – being inclusive, unleashing potential.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory