Facilities Process Worker
The role primarily involves working in the Waste Segregation area ensuring that active waste is appropriately segregated and monitored before leaving the building. Daily upkeep of laundry, gases and compliance checks are also a vital port of the role along with miscellaneous customer funded project support.
- Working in the Waste Segregation area, collecting, segregating and sentencing of a wide variety of waste materials to the appropriate waste route.
- Ensuring gas bottles are provided and replaced on a daily basis to ensure both safety systems and projects requirements are met.
- Changing of vacuum cleaner bags and HEPA filters when required
- Carrying out assurance checks on HEPA filter banks, gauges, glove boxes and fume cupboards.
- Re-filling of liquid nitrogen dewars in support of the Measurement and Analysis teams
- Undertaking facilities improvement activities in support of the Operations Manager
- Supporting a wide variety of customer funded project work
- Driving of fork lift truck for unloading of deliveries and transportation of materials.
- Cleaning of facilities as requested by the Operations Manager
- Active glovebox and total enclosure working including drum sampling
The Ideal Candidate
- HND in scientific discipline (or relevant level of experience)
- Good safety knowledge and awareness
- Proficient in Microsoft Products
- Ability to work as part of team.
- Experience in a nuclear environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of waste routes on Springfields site
- Ability to communicate key information with customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.
National Nuclear Laboratory