Environmental & Quality Management Systems Advisor
An opportunity exists for a proactive and motivated person to fulfil a company-wide role to support the NNL. The successful candidate will lead on NNL’s environmental strategy implementation, and operate as an internal Lead Auditor of NNL’s environmental and quality management systems. The role will also require the successful candidate to provide advice and support on environmental and quality matters across the NNL business as required, and to promote continual improvement in both areas.
The successful candidate will require the right behavioural qualities and skills to identify, develop and implement environmental and quality improvements within the business. These include high levels of pro-activity, enthusiasm and customer focus combined with a good attention to detail and an ability to deliver to time, quality and cost.
Within the role, the opportunity exists to develop skills in other aspects of environmental, health, safety, security and quality management and performance improvement. As such, this is an excellent opportunity with scope for the successful candidate to further develop a wide knowledge and skill base, including professional membership of relevant bodies.
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and improving environmental and quality performance in line with company strategies.
- Carrying out lead auditor activities in support of the NNL internal audit and assurance programmes
- Establishing and maintaining relevant external interfaces, attending internal and external forums/meetings, where appropriate
- Detailed involvement in the implementation of EHSS&Q improvement plan tasks and the achievement of defined targets
Preparation of procedures and instructions covering area of expertise as required
The Ideal Candidate
- A genuine interest in environmental and quality management
- Understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements relating to environmental management
- Self-motivation; we want you to lead and promote environmental and quality management processes
- A drive to want to improve our arrangements so they become the best they can be
- An ability and a willingness to appropriately challenge processes, practices and investigation findings to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Great written and verbal communication skills as you will be interacting with every level of the business
- Graduate level qualifications, or enhanced training and proven experience working with Environmental Management Systems (ISO14001) and Quality Management Systems (ISO9001)
- Qualified and experienced Lead Auditor of Environmental and Quality Management Systems
- Working knowledge of Energy Management Systems (ISO50001)
- Experience operating or managing electronic document management systems
Well-developed training, coaching and mentoring skills
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.
National Nuclear Laboratory