Engineering Technical Support
Engineering Technical Support shall be responsible for providing engineering support to the Preston Lab operations team to facilitate the delivery of contractor related activities and timely procurement of goods and services needed to satisfy the multi-faceted needs of the organisation.
- Responsible for the management of contactor/service engineers in the delivery of the plant/equipment contracts for the Preston Lab.
- Responsible for Compiling safe system of work packs in support of contractor and service engineer activities.
- Sub Contractor Supervisor-Licensed Site.
- Plan work to minimise plant outages and maintain efficient delivery of the work.
- Continue to develop service engineer process and documentation.
- Co-ordinate all resources, people and materials to complete contractor and service engineer work on time, quality and cost.
- Reporting work history for contactor activities on Maximo.
- Credit card purchases and consolidation.
- Agresso requisitioning for service contracts and non-credit card ordering.
- Plant spares sourcing and procuring.
- Maintaining the procurement requisition index and goods receipting processes.
- Weekly/monthly reporting for contractor visits and procurement status.
- Carry out pre job and post job briefs.
- Control tasks to safe completion.
- Implement and contribute to safety initiatives.
- Effectively plan for their team in accordance with work management principles to ensure performance measures are continually improved upon.
- Will promote and improve Engineering standards within their teams.
- Will promote and improve standards of housekeeping within their areas of responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate
- HNC/HND in Engineering/Scientific discipline or relevant equivalent experience.
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- IOSH working safely (or ability to attain).
- Experience of working in a hazardous chemical plant environment.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions to engineering problems.
- Can demonstrate being self-motivated with strong communication skills.
- Ability to produce work packs to standards of safety, quality and time.
- Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Can provide evidence of meeting deadlines.
- Has a good knowledge of safety and quality systems.
- Will need to work outside normal working hours on occasion.
- Familiar with site Engineering standards, systems and procedures.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the maintenance work cycle.
- Resilience and the ability to overcome obstacles and to seek solutions.
- Leadership experience.
- An ability to adapt to change.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory