Electrical Technical support Officer
To control and supervise delivery of E/I maintenance and project activities within the NNL Facilities, Sellafield.
The role requires the need to provide a Control and Supervision function to a team of E/I engineering craft team members in line with production and engineering demands within NNL Facilities at Sellafield.
The role will require demonstration of competence in provision of a safe and effective maintenance and Engineering service in line with Site Licence conditions 28 - Examination, Inspection, Maintenance and Testing (EIM&T).
- The role will require delivery of key objectives in line with business drivers, to achieve this the role occupant will be required to:
- Responsible for safe management and delivery of work throughout site
- Co-ordinate all resources and materials to complete work on time, quality and cost
- Carry out pre task briefs
- Produce safe system of work documentation in support of operations within site
- Control tasks to safe completion
- Carry out minor projects in support of plant operations
- Continually review in use maintenance documentation to assess its suitability
- Nominated Person Electrical NP(e)
- Implement and contribute to safety initiatives
- Effectively plan for their team in accordance with work management principles to ensure performance measures are continually improved upon
- Will promote and improve Engineering standards within their teams
- Will promote and improve standards of housekeeping within their areas of responsibility
- Will train and develop their team in line with business drivers
- To report and investigate events and anomalies, including preparation of initial investigation reports
- To comply with all legislative, regulatory, policy and security standards appropriate to the role
The Ideal Candidate
- HNC/HND in Engineering/Scientific discipline or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- NEBOSH or minimum IOSH
- 5 to 10 years relevant experience
- Time served with E/I qualification and proven experience in maintaining E/I systems
- Can demonstrate being self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Ability to produce work packs to standards of safety, quality and time
- Appointed E/I Task Supervisor or ability to achieve appointed status
- Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills
- Can provide evidence of meeting deadlines
- Has a good knowledge of safety and quality systems
- Will need to work outside normal working hours on occasion
- Familiar with site Engineering standards, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of substitution arrangements for safety systems
- Resilience and the ability to overcome obstacles and to seek solutions
- Leadership experience
- An ability to adapt to change
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory