We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic Safety Advisor with sound knowledge of UK health and safety legislation to support operations at NNL`s Preston Laboratory, ensuring that the business complies with all regulatory and legislative requirements
The post holder should be adaptable with an enthusiastic attitude and be a strong communicator able to interact with multi-disciplinary teams to build effective partnerships
Advise management & work colleagues on Safety, Health & Environmental matters, operating as the Subject Matter Expert
Championing change to ensure efficient & effective EHS processes
Undertake EHS compliance audits/inspections
Investigate accidents and incidents and deliver intelligent corrective actions
Deliver EHS training courses, inductions, briefings and tool-box talks
Review and approve risk assessments/method statements, procedural instructions
Management of dashboards, metrics and actions
Instrumental in encouraging safety observation reporting & task observations
Championing EHS improvements
Management of emergency response
The Ideal Candidate
- Relevant experience of working as part of an EHS team
- Providing proactive support to operational business units, attending appropriate safety committees, forums and working groups
- Detailed knowledge of UK legislation in relation to EHS operators including:
- Quality Management Systems 9001, 14001, 27001
- Fire Safety Order 2005
- Ionising Radiation Regulations 2017
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detailed, conscientious and analytical
- Degree or HND qualified in scientific discipline (e.g. chemistry/physics) or relevant level of experience
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent)
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated microdrilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.
National Nuclear Laboratory