To ensure that preparations for, execution of, and auditable close out of construction activities are aligned to delivering regulatory and statutory requirements placed on the Licensee.
In so doing, ensure that the design and safety intent is demonstrably delivered during construction.
- Assist with delivery of the construction discipline phase of the project, meeting safety, cost, programme and quality objectives. Ensure any corrective actions required are taken.
- Assist in the provision of construction expertise and input to constructability reviews HAZCON, MDDR, SDDR as required and ensuring the design, work scope and construction strategies embed the out puts.
- For continued personal development in order to keep up to date with the latest construction techniques and technologies.
- Ensure that the contractors and their supervisors are Suitably Qualified and Experienced to carry out their respective roles.
- Ensuring a proactive and proportionate approach to nuclear safety through quality and safety to ensure that they are optimised on the site.
- Ensuring a proactive & proportionate approach to radiological, conventional and environmental safety to ensure that they are optimised on the construction site in accordance with approved construction documents.
- Assist with input to the commercial process and contributes to budget, prepare local instructions to contractors and ensure that work is effectively managed to control costs.
- Have an awareness of the construction strategy and plans in line with the overall project strategy and plan.
- Maintenance of subsequent records generated and input to Construction phase plan.
- Ensuring that work is controlled in accordance with Conduct of Engineering Manual and that all legal, regulatory, and contractual and governance arrangements are met and that controlling documents submitted by Contractors are reviewed and commented on for compliance with the site requirements.
- Reporting progress to the Construction Manager and maintaining appropriate records for safety, contractual or quality purposes.
- For capturing, sharing and applying construction LFE and shared best practice.
- Managing day to day liaison with plant personnel to ensure any necessary permissions are in place and minimize impact to the project. Provides work pack and interface with PWP
- Assist with the discharge of Nominated Representative duties as required.
- Assist with the discharge of the relevant CDM duties as required.
- To assist CM with monitoring contractors in relation to site, contractual and statutory requirements an ensure contractors are aware of their subsequent responsibilities.
- Ensuring that the physical configuration of constructed plant (i.e. ensuring the design intent is met) through witness, surveillance and verification of work and manufacturing records
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in relevant discipline with typically at least 2 years relevant experience.
- OR lower professional qualification with several years’ relevant experience, together with experience at an operating site.
- For internal candidates suitable relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal qualifications where appropriate.
- Fully accredited in the pre-requisite mandatory IOSH training and CDM regulations
- Previous experience in a similar Construction Coordinator role.
- Candidate will be financially literate with the ability to present financial data in a concise and accurate manner, and have a good understanding of the full project lifecycle.
- Will possess good MS Office skills and also be a strong communicator and team player.
Where appropriate, ideally accredited to an appropriate professional body. Plus must be fully accredited in the following courses:
- S0847E - Pressure Systems Awareness course
- S0838E - Site Waste Management Plans
- S05010 - Risk Assessment
- S0314E - Radiological safety
- S0887D - Control & Supervision of SSOW V2
- EL0317 - Document / IT Security Course
- U03853 - NEC3 Prepare & Manage Contracts
- UG0463 - Managing Other Employers
- UG1727 - Save a life (Electrical)
- U05006 - Concrete technologies & construction techniques
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.
National Nuclear Laboratory