We’re looking for an experienced Communications Manager to help us to engage our internal and external stakeholders in our Science and Technology agenda.
With a keen focus on the colleague experience, the post holder will work with internal stakeholders to anticipate requirements, and design and deliver agile plans to drive increased engagement in our Science and Technology activities.
From developing strategies, sourcing stories and creating compelling content, to managing our communications channels and roadmap; this is a varied role that is crucial to driving a positive colleague experience across the business.
- Support the communications team to deliver stakeholder and customer engagement across internal and external channels with supporting impact measures.
- Support the wider communications team to deliver a positive colleague experience through each touchpoint of the employee lifecycle; incorporating events, recognition, communication, workshops and listening groups - to name a few.
- Support creation and delivery of an immersive colleague experience strategy that consistently inspires and delivers across all internal and external communication channels with a focus on S&T.
- Oversee communications planning activity, including management of the daily and weekly planners to allow effective management of messages to colleagues and customers.
- Source the best stories and information from within the business in order to prepare, select, design and implement the very best content across all internal and external channels; including SharePoint and our own external website.
The Ideal Candidate
- A fun, creative and inspiring outlook with the ability to engage the whole business on a variety of topics.
- Positivity, innovation and collaboration in bucket loads.
- A pro-active approach with the ability to hit the ground running and continue working at pace
- Excellent writing skills and experience of storytelling
- Web publishing and experience of using SharePoint and other web publishing tools
- Excellent organisation skills and experience of managing communications roadmaps and plans
- Experience in developing and delivering strategic communications plans and campaigns
- Experience of delivering a variety of events and initiatives that motivate and engage colleagues and customers
- Ability to build relationships at all levels with a natural ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to take a strategic and operational viewpoint, to ensure clear messages are communicated with a constant emphasis of brand and colleague engagement.
- Previous experience of creating new communication channels and integrating them in the organisation.
- Experience of managing social media channels
- Experience of organising and recording both quantitative and qualitative analysis through relevant tools and focus groups.
- Experience of leading, working and delivering in teams would be useful
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated microdrilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.
National Nuclear Laboratory