Senior Commercial Officer
Are you experienced in advising on commercial and business risk, with broad contract law knowledge and have strong communication and influencing skills, together with a good attention to detail? … if so read on.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Officer to join our Commercial Team, who is responsible for the Company’s terms and conditions of contract including the provision of legal advice, for pricing and for bids and proposals. Working with a business partnering approach, the team supports revenue growth that optimizes profit and works to provide win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- • Providing support to the Commercial Managers including;-
- Review and negotiation of terms and conditions including liaison with the Company’s legal and tax advisors
- Review and negotiation of pricing
- Drafting and presentation of proposals and changes through the Company’s governance processes
- Management of changes and claims
- Flow down of terms and conditions to the Company’s vendors
- Coordination of complex transactions with the Company’s customers and internally
- Take sole responsibility for smaller customers or for the provision of support to lower value bids
- Participate in contract review and order acknowledgement processes
- Providing support to the current Business Transformation activities, by participating in special projects, as required
The Ideal Candidate
• Be qualified to a Bachelor Degree level
• Have broad contract law knowledge
• Have strong IT literacy skills
• Be experienced in advising on both commercial and business risk
• Have strong attention to detail
• Be skilled in drafting and the management of costing data
• Nuclear, construction or aerospace / defence background
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.