Commercial Assurance Leader
Do you have a quality assurance, commercial manager or legal background and have strong communication and influencing skills? … if so read on.
We are looking for a Commercial Assurance Leader to join the Commercial Team reporting into the Head of Commercial.
This role is a specialist assurance role aimed at ensuring that the customer-facing parts of the NNL are operating to the highest standards.
The role combines audit activities, coaching and ownership of the Company’s Bid and Investment approval process. The post must be capable of dealing effectively with levels of seniority from Board downwards.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) relating to sales / commercial activity and ensuring alignment to meet regulators requirements.
- Planning, execution and reporting of internal audits of the IMS and liaison with customer and host/third party auditors, as required.
- Reporting on the performance of the IMS, providing recommendations for improvement and holding periodic reviews with the Head of Commercial.
- Acting as focal point for NNL’s transaction and investment approval processes (managing and recording meetings, retaining the definitive record of approvals).
- Conducting audit activities of the Company’s sales / commercial activities, logging and tracking non-conformances and their resolution.
- Communication of customer requirements, including specific QA requirements, throughout the Company.
- Assisting with the maintenance of sales / commercial procedures and coaching members of the Company’s customer-facing staff in good practice in maintenance and revision of same.
- Recording and timely investigation of customer complaints, and ensuring close out of corrective actions.
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures and to determine training needs.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality.
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety within the department to ensure that all practices support the Company’s environmental and health and safety policies.
- Supporting the development of suitable training programmes for employees, including the commercial and sales induction processes.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified with a Bachelor degree
- Have experience as either a Quality Assurance Manager in a regulated industry (eg Nuclear, Aerospace) or a Commercial Manager or Officer in similar industries or as an in-house lawyer or legal executive
- Be capable of achieving UK SC clearance
- Have strong attention to detail and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to coach and lead others
- Have basic commercial and financial literacy
- Have strong communication skills with a persuasive and persistent manner
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.