Chemical and Process Modelling Capability Manager
Our expert team offers an innovative service with a proven track record in the field of Chemical and Process Modelling. From decontamination to sludge supernate interactions, our knowledge is built on years of experience. The service creates bespoke models and employs a range of advanced techniques including quantum mechanics - all helping to advance knowledge across the wider nuclear industry. The team has broad base of experience and strong experimental links. Our knowledge and technical capabilities have been applied through all stages of a plant’s life cycle.
We are looking for a motivated individual to manage a team of chemical engineers, chemists and materials scientists who use a range of modelling and decision-making software tools to describe, aid understanding, and improve plants and processes throughout the nuclear industry.
All KPI’s, metrics, communications, data, for operating the team including: EHSS&Q, cost, delivery, facilities, equipment and resources are delivered in accordance with targets.
- Ensure that all duty of care requirements to allow all work to be undertaken are established.
- That reviews, assessments and audits are undertaken to monitor all aspects of EHSS&Q
- Delivery of the improvement plan
Management of a resourcing and asset system including:
- Oversight of resources, equipment and facilities allocation across their team, to ensure that all resources are fully engaged, managed and developed such that the capability and effectiveness is maximised
- Identify SQEP and ready to use resources, equipment and facilities always providing highly skilled resources and experience.
- Ensure all equipment and facilities are fit for purpose and operable for project and customer work
Management of team budgetary controls for:
- Staff – training, development, SQEP, recruitment/retirement, progression T&S, conference, lease/hire cars, industrial membership, Sickness/maternity/paternity, reward & recognition
- Equipment and Facilities – Maintenance, consumables, repair, disposal, replacement, software licenses,
- Risk, compliance and governance in a project and delivery orientated environment.
- Driving continuous improvement of their team
Management of People:
- Lead and driving the team performance of its people
- People development, training, SQEP, secondment
- Performance Management including disciplinary, grievance, reward and recognition
- Duty of care for all health and safety, maternity, sickness, paternity…etc.
- Engagement with customers related to team to ensure good customer experience and respond to opportunities, risks, issues etc.
- Maximise value, develop opportunities and increase growth
- Provide customer experience and knowledge back to CE and projects
- Forecasting growth and sales funnel
- Keeping pace with key industry technological developments and feedback to customer and internal teams
The Ideal Candidate
Understanding and expertise related to the technical accountabilities of this role.
Experience in managing a technical team, people, facilities and equipment on a nuclear and non-nuclear site.
Experience in developing relationships with customer’s related to technical team offerings and support delivery of their projects.
Experience in managing a budget, cost control, financial forecasting and planning across a team.
Operational experience in highly regulated environment, managing technical and facility programmes to a high EHSS&Q standard. Whilst managing changing and competing priorities and absorbing new information rapidly to address complex issues.
Experience in leadership and driving cultural change through the support in and implementation of strategic business developments.
A degree and/or a relevant demonstrable level of experience.
Technical knowledge of the team area and nuclear related experience would be advantageous.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.