CE&I Commissioning Engineer
An opportunity is available within the major projects commissioning team reporting to the Commissioning Team Leader.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Understand and work safely within relevant rules and procedures for NNL and in compliance of nuclear site licence conditions
- Interpret CE&I drawings to inspect field equipment to verify design and installation intent and quality standards.
- Interpret CE&I design documentation in order to validate equipment during normal operations and fault conditions.
- Interpret safety case documentation in order to demonstrate safety performance requirements.
- To safely commission systems and equipment, following approved commissioning and engineering documentation and procedures.
- To investigate design, installation, quality performance, and safety non-conformances
- Liaise with design / safety case / construction and pre-operations functions to provide commissioning input, during handover periods and training.
- Production of commissioning performance / safety test documentation to nuclear site licence condition standards
- Display conduct required as an NNL employee in line with NNL procedures.
- To carry out commissioning performance and safety testing and to document accurately testing results / performance data.
- To mark-up engineering drawings / documentation to reflect the ‘as-built’ condition of installed and commissioned plant and equipment.
- To document design, installation, quality performance, and safety non-conformances
- To provide commissioning progress reporting when required.
- To supervise third parties when required.
- Take part in internal and external audits when necessary.
- To provide commissioning expertise into the design and safety case process (MDDR / HAZOP etc.).
- Ensure Lifetime records are correctly documented and passed to document control for filing.
- To look for opportunities/improvements to the operation of plant and/or equipment during the commissioning process.
- To attend off site ‘works’ testing at manufacturers premises when required to carry out or witness testing of plant and equipment to be provided to site.
- Display professional conduct at all times
The above is not exhaustive and other duties may be allocated as required by the project and Commissioning Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served indentured CE&I Apprenticeship
- Qualified to Degree level in Instrument or Electrical Engineering or demonstrate significant experience in relevant field
- Demonstrable engineering experience in the nuclear industry.
- Demonstrable commissioning experience in the nuclear industry.
- Experience in the production of performance test documentation.
- Experience in the production of safety test documentation.
- Be able to fault find on systems, plant and equipment.
- A comprehensive understanding of safe working within a nuclear environment, including conventional hazards.
- PLC Control system literate.
- Ability to gain an electrical nomination to carry out electrical functional check and Plant Isolations for other to required standards.
- IOSH Managing Safely Certificate to supervise sub-contract vendors.
- Previously nominated to provide isolations.
- To be able to obtain POW status.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to liaise at all levels.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.