Business Intelligence Manager
We are the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL), a national laboratory for Government, academia and industry. We play a pivotal role in the UK and global nuclear sector, providing technical support and delivering a full range of research and technology across all areas of the nuclear fuel cycle.
We are currently looking for a BI Manager, reporting to the VP Customer Intelligence and managing a team of 2 direct reports.
You will be responsible for driving a customer focussed approach across the business in order to capture and create business intelligence. You will and develop recommendations to sustain and grow the defined account (customer) or business area. A key element t of this role is the conversion of customer intelligence into improved business relationships and successful sales opportunities.
Implement, monitor and update customer growth activity and the E2E (“end-to-end”) process
Facilitate intelligence gathering across the business to capture intelligence, create ideas for growth and develop defined business opportunities
Ensure relevant information is maintained and disseminated within NNL as appropriate to maintain and improve customer experience
Reporting and Management
Track opportunities through the sales funnel and communicate appropriate management information to the business
- Organise, facilitate and drive specified activities within the E2E process to achieve business alignment and progress on identified new opportunities, including:
- Work collaboratively with SSI on marketing and customer events
- Work collaboratively with SSI on market, sector or other business strategies and their relevance to customer accounts
- working in partnership with the Account Directors to develop and deliver customer focussed development strategies (Account Plans)
- support Delivery Operations to improve and monitor customer relationships and to identify their own growth opportunities
- Develop win positions and value propositions for specified new opportunities
- Work with others to convert opportunities into winning bids and proposals
- Facilitate and coordinate the potential inputs of SSI, commercial, legal, finance, DO into a sales opportunity
- Manage governance and compliance through the E2E process as necessary
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Stakeholder management experience and sustaining of business networks
- Ability to interpret trends and application of strategic thinking
- Management and implementation of a process to achieve an outcome and be able to assess how to apply and adapt steps to a given situation
- Excellent verbal and written communication ideally with bidding/proposals experience
- Strong team/ interpersonal skills
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.
National Nuclear Laboratory