Business Administration Apprenticeship
The NNL Business & Administration apprenticeship provides a wide variety of training from basic business administration duties to skills necessary to manage teams. Covering a wide range of skills, our Business and Administration teams deliver accurate and comprehensive back office support ensuring the highest levels of economic, legal and administrative efficiency.
Further information about the Business apprenticeship can be found at: http://joinprojectdiscovery.co.uk/business.html
- Administrative support to NNL employees on the Preston site
- Arrange visits for external parties to NNL facilities, including arrangement of passes, film badges and security arrangements as required
- Greet and assist visitors upon arrival at reception, including issue and control of visitor pass and contact of NNL host
- Travel bookings including hotels, air, rail and car service requests
- Receive calls and accurately record details, acting on information provided
- Undertake day to day administration in association with the reception desk facility including opening or closing of Reception.
- Sort and deliver post for the building
- Check reception and surrounding areas ensuring housekeeping is of a high standard and reporting any faults with vending service provision
- Arrangement of meetings, buffets and refreshments
- Daily checks of pass issue ensuring all passes accounted for at close of working day
- Assist in providing a secure facility
- Provide support in opening & closing the building on a rota with other members of the team
- Internal conference coordination and arrangement
- Manage conference room bookings for the building, including assistance with room set up if required
- Assessment and recording of building inductions
- Provide up to date occupants & visitors signing in sheets, roll call sheets and muster sheets
- Update of notice boards and roll call information throughout the building
- Disseminate building wide notices electronically and via tannoy system
- Ad hoc support to building management
The Ideal Candidate
Discover what we want from you:
You’ll already have a good academic background when you apply for an apprenticeship with us. You should have attained or be on track to achieving 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths & English. But that’s not all you’ll need.
We’re looking for people who can be part of our future. People who want to succeed and have the commitment and motivation to get there. People who ask questions and demand answers, who’ll be open to learning and work hard.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic achievers who’ll want to be part of our mission to grow the nuclear industry. Applicants must be 16 or over.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.