Business Administration Apprenticeship - Procurement
The NNL Business & Administration apprenticeship provides a wide variety of training from basic business administration duties to skills necessary to manage teams. Covering a wide range of skills, our Business and Administration teams deliver accurate and comprehensive back office support ensuring the highest levels of economic, legal and administrative efficiency.
Further information about the Business apprenticeship can be found at: http://www.joinprojectdiscovery.co.uk/apprentices
The Procurement Assistant will work with Senior Buyers, Buyers and Assistant Buyers to support the procurement of a wide range of goods and services, whilst undertaking a relevant qualification whilst in the work place.
The Procurement Assistant will provide administrative and analytical support to the procurement team in providing support and advice to the organisation, enabling them to secure best value through effective buying in line with NNL procedures.
The Postholder will be fully supported and trained, on the job and through completion of relevant procurement training. The majority of the work will be carried out under supervision but as the post holder becomes more confident with the nature of the work they will be encouraged to suggest and find improvements to how they undertake their work and will be given opportunities to increase their level of responsibility.
- Gain an increasing understanding of procurement and its importance to an organisation
- Produce monthly statistics and quarterly reports on procurement activity and project updates
- Support Assistant Buyers with administration of the One-Card process, including reconciliation, queries, making payments to suppliers
- Carry out Requests for Quotation (RfQ) for low level purchases
- Use Agresso system to issue Purchase Orders to suppliers, liaise with other departments to ensure Goods receipts are completed and invoices are paid
- Engage with stakeholders across the organisation and deal with general enquiries from internal customers and suppliers
- Maintain contract documentation, both electronic and physical, and contribute to the improvement of procedures
- Support the procurement team and wider commercial team on specified tasks, such as project meetings, set up of team meetings, maintaining project plans etc
- Undertake all relevant training to become a super-user of the e-tendering system (CTM) and support users of the system
- Support the promotion and use of NNL’s procurement and commercial procedures
The Ideal Candidate
Discover what we want from you:
You’ll already have a good academic background when you apply for an apprenticeship with us. You should have attained or be on track to achieving 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths & English. But that’s not all you’ll need.
We’re looking for people who can be part of our future. People who want to succeed and have the commitment and motivation to get there. People who ask questions and demand answers, who’ll be open to learning and work hard.
We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic achievers who’ll want to be part of our mission to grow the nuclear industry. Applicants must be 16 or over.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.