12 Month Industrial Placement - Environmental
NNL are pleased to provide a vacancy for a 12 month student placement for a Chemist/Geologist/Environmental Scientist to support the Environmental Services team in the provision of nuclear decommissioning and environmental clean-up services with an emphasis on waste and environment characterisation processes. The position provides an ideal opportunity to gain insight and experience in the nuclear industry and work with experienced scientists and technologists. Applicants will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities supporting radioactive waste management and environmental characterisation projects.
- Work within the Environmental Characterisation team, providing technical support to radioactive waste management and environmental characterisation projects
- Collecting, analysing and interpreting technical data
- Undertaking calculations and/or computational modelling
- Preparation of technical reports
- Contribution to bids and proposals
- Undertaking ad-hoc administrative duties as required
The Ideal Candidate
- Current undergraduate in chemistry, Geology or Environmental Science or similar, ideally working towards MSc.
- Good problem solving, analytical thinking, decision making and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office.
- Keen interest in environmental management
- Full clean driver’s license and willing to travel occasionally